- Think up an idea.
- Conduct market research. Market research will tell you if there’s an opportunity to turn your idea into a successful business.
- Write a business plan.
- Decide how the business will be funded and what level of funding is required? Can you obtain a government start up loan? Do you need an investor?
- Pick your business location – The business if located in Gibraltar will need premises (office/store room) depending on the business activity (unless a premises waiver can be obtained).
- Choose a business structure – Can you register as self-employed? A business name? a Limited Company? What are the requirements?
- Choose the business name required and check the availability?
- Register your business with the company registry (if required), office of fair trading, the employment trading board in addition to the tax office.
- What type of bank account do you require? Do you need a retail bank? Do you need to be able to accept card payments?
- Who will undertake the company payroll and tax returns?
- Who will provide accounting services? What information do you need to hold onto?
- What are the tax rates for Gibraltar?
At Octopus we can guide you through the whole process or assist with any of the above.
Contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org or +350 200 77779